Tech Trek – 2015.09.28
One of the nice features of SharePoint 2013 is the ability to perform drag & drop file uploads. This is a quicker option from Upload Multiple Documents (known as Upload files using Windows Explorer instead — now that’s a mouthful).
Drag & drop function is not working for certain users in any SharePoint 2013 site even though this operation works for others. Files will not being displayed, or uploaded after file drop operation was successfully completed.
Here are the steps to perform to resolve this issue:
- Make sure prerequisites are installed in the affected PC – see list below.
- Check if SharePoint-related extensions are enabled under Manage add-ons in Internet Explorer.
- Use an alternate web browser to check if file uploads can be successful.
- If everything else is fails, check if the machine was previously upgraded from Office 2010 under Programs and Features of Control Panel. Perform an MS Office Repair if multiple versions exist.
SOFTWARE PREREQUISITES –
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Internet Explorer 8 or 9 with MS Office 2013 installed
- Latest version of Firefox or Google Chrome web browser that supports HTML 5 standards